We are a supermarket retail chain, consisting of four stores in Los Angeles County. We are always looking for dedicated and hardworking people that would help carry out the company vision. Candidates who are able to multi task and work in a fast-pace environment with the ability to make quick and rational decisions should look to apply. We are seeking individuals who can provide a long-term commitment and can aid and benefit from our company's rapid growth.
Would you like to work for one of our markets? Please check the job listings below:
As a Produce Clerk at Sk Market Inc– you must handle, prepare and merchandise properly to deliver the highest level of customer service and satisfaction in our store. You can expect to stock the Produce department; which includes presentation of product, facing, filling, and organization of all product items as set by the Produce Department schematics and ensuring tag and pricing accuracy. As a Produce Clerk at Sk Market, you are also responsible for the proper stocking and rotation of merchandise in the Produce Department, including trimming, watering, and merchandising of products to ensure fresh, high quality offerings. If you’re someone who thrives in a fast pace environment then we want to hear from you!
- Be at least 18 years of age, and have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Highly motivated to deliver exceptional customer service, greeting customers and answering questions in a welcoming manner, being attentive to the customer’s needs by asking open-ended questions, providing recommendations when requested while obliging requests made by the customer
- Proactively seeking opportunities for continuous learning to better understand the products and services maintained by Sk Market to support customers desiring a healthier lifestyle
- Collaborate with a diverse group of team members while appreciating their backgrounds, beliefs and the points of view they offer
- Take the time to listen to customer objections, questions or requests for information about the various products offered by Sk Market
- Enjoy working with a sense of urgency within a fast paced environment
- Ensure that all federal, state, and company regulations and standards for product freshness, food safety, weights and measures, store safety, employee safety, refrigeration, and sanitation are met
- Requires standing, walking, bending, climbing throughout the entire work day and the ability to lift, stack and maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs., from 4” to 72”, for a distance up 3 feet for between 10-50 hours without mechanical assistance
- Be able to work inside a temperature controlled area, and perform general housekeeping in the department; clean and sanitize work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of math, weights and measurements required
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes as the business changes including nights, weekends and holidays
- Be able to perform other related duties as assigned
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Previous produce retail and/or customer service experience preferred but not required
Prepare, cut, trim and merchandise meat cuts and products for sale. Create a premier service experience that conveys the Sk Market brand promise of quality products and ‘above and beyond’ customer service in a fun and unique shopping environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Cuts, trims, bones, ties, and grinds meats, such as beef, pork, poultry, and fish, to prepare meat in cooking form.
- Wraps, weighs, labels and prices cuts of meat.
- Maintains a service case appearance that is fresh, full and visually appealing.
- Prepares special cuts of meat ordered by customers.
- Maintains acceptable in-stock shelf and case conditions.
- Receives, inspects, and stores meat upon delivery, to ensure meat quality.
- Assists in the training of apprentice meat cutters and market team members under the direction of the meat manager.
- Follows proper food safety practices.
- Follows company rules and employee guidelines, as established in the Sk Market, Inc. Employee Handbook.
- Performs other related duties as required and directed.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Critical thinking
- Positive demeanor
- Service orientation
- Judgment and decision making
- Time management
- High school diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate); On-the-job training.
- Performing general physical activities such as load, unload, or stack containers, materials, or products
- Conscientious and treats others with openness, integrity and respect including a dedication to high quality standards for job and company
Courtesy Clerk Part-time
- Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Customer service: bagging groceries and assisting customers
- Front End Department- Pick up baskets from parking lot, go backs, make sure all unwanted items are returned to their proper department especially frozen, deli and meat items
- Store Maintenance- Sweep parking lot, sweep and spot mop floor when needed, clean restrooms, isle check up to every 15-30 min checking for any spills and breakage to ensure safety of customers
- Good communications skills
- Good work ethic clean and presentable appearance
- Flexibility of time due to scheduling of hours
- Good team player; Able to work with fellow associates to achieve goals
- SK Market is a drug free workplace
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use both hands to handle objects and tools.
- Be able to sweep and mop floors, dust and face shelves
- Have sufficient physical mobility or agility to be able to respond quickly to fire or other emergencies.
As a member of our Bakery Team, your role will include setting and maintaining attractive bakery displays, preparing and serving products and supporting the regional Bakery vision. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and team members. The Bakery departments may include cakes, pastry, and coffee bar.
- Give every customer immediate and undivided attention. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delicious food.
- Ensure a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases, shelves, and displays clean and well stocked, while continuously checking and ensuring freshness and quality of products.
- Operate equipment and serve product in a variety of Bakery department areas, which may include slicing and wrapping bread and coffee roasting.
- Properly package, wrap, and price products for retail sale.
- Maintain accurate department signage and pricing.
- Follow department procedures to maintain supplies, back stock and coolers to track product transfers and spoilage.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Follow all SK Market cash handling procedures.
- Operate and sanitize all bakery equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Knowledge of bakery products and customer service experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Ability to sell proactively.
- Aptitude to gain extensive product knowledge.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Proper handling of knives and other cutting equipment.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Essential duties and responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in receiving and unloading of merchandise; check and verify grocery receiving to ensure that items listed on vendor invoices are all delivered; check products for quality, count, and condition.
- Open cartons and price items accurately; keep grocery manager informed of pricing problem areas or discrepancies; ensure that all items are in proper place and proper price label/tag is under the item.
- Handle damaged and spoiled products and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Assist customers in retrieving items from inaccessible areas or in obtaining products that are either located in warehouses or that they may have difficulty in handling.
- Assist in training personnel when assigned.
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service or assistance.
- Keep refrigerated coolers, store shelves and other displays fully stocked and faced at all times according to tag allocation or department standards; assist in building store displays for maximum sales and turnover; display merchandise in a neat and colorful manner.
- Keep perishable merchandise rotated in accordance with store policy and product code dates and pull all outofcode merchandise.
- Maintain general housekeeping and sanitation standards in compliance with store policy and state and local health regulations on a regular, ongoing basis.
- During store hours, respond promptly to emergencies and potential safety hazards such as spills/ broken glass or plastic containers that contain liquid products; never leave the scene until help arrives.
- Use and maintain equipment in good working order including all safeguards and safety devices or mechanisms; immediately advise department manager of any maintenance or equipment problems.
- Perform any other work-related duties as assigned.